Singapore – The events that led to the fall of Singapore to the Japanese Empire during World War II are being examined for the first time on Discovery Channel Asia, in the two-part special; 1942 – Fall of Singapore.
The documentary, which debuts on February 8, marks the 70th anniversary of the then-British colony’s ceding to Japanese rule. Produced by Electric Pictures Australia, it features rarely seen archival footage and re-enactments of the historic events.
The network is also premiering another two-part special of the War – Sei Sen! – the following week on February 15. This documentary examines the reasons behind Japan’s Holy War against the West, and how the nation’s ambitions also became its downfall.
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020