Hong Kong’s Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), has partnered QuickPlay Media for premium IP video distribution to power its myTV mobile TV service.
Launched in November last year, the advertising-supported service, is using QuickPlay Media’s managed solutions including integrated live TV and VOD to stream approximately 70 TV programmes and 1,200 episodes to subscribers with Apple iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
“Asia is one of the fastest-growing markets for the consumption of video on mobile devices,” said Wayne Purboo, CEO of QuickPlay Media said. “This is an important market for QuickPlay and the successful launch of myTV is a great example of how our scalable technology enables our customers to cost-effectively deliver high quality services to their subscribers.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020