Hong Kong’s Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), has partnered QuickPlay Media for premium IP video distribution to power its myTV mobile TV service.
Launched in November last year, the advertising-supported service, is using QuickPlay Media’s managed solutions including integrated live TV and VOD to stream approximately 70 TV programmes and 1,200 episodes to subscribers with Apple iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
“Asia is one of the fastest-growing markets for the consumption of video on mobile devices,” said Wayne Purboo, CEO of QuickPlay Media said. “This is an important market for QuickPlay and the successful launch of myTV is a great example of how our scalable technology enables our customers to cost-effectively deliver high quality services to their subscribers.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020