Hong Kong – Celestial Pictures Limited, Saban Capital Group and Lionsgate, today announced the creation of Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), an independent Asian media company focused on branded Pay-TV channels, content creation and distribution across the region. CTE brings together a bouquet of pay channel offerings by combining Celestial Pictures’ flagship channels – Celestial Movies, Celestial Classic Movies and Celestial Movies On Demand, with the three Pay-TV channels of Tiger Gate Entertainment – KIX, Thrill and KIX HD. Ross Pollack, CEO of Celestial Pictures Limited, noted that the alliance is designed to grow the companies’ Asian Pay-TV channel operations, through a significant capital investment by Saban Capital Group and an extension of their channel distribution footprint while achieving synergies through a scaled platform. Celestial Pictures will continue to own and distribute the Shaw Brothers Film Library. CTE will license content from Celestial Pictures for its channels and also be the exclusive sales agent for all of Lionsgate’s content in Southeast Asia and China.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020