Singapore – BBC Worldwide Channels has launched three BBC branded channels – BBC Knowledge, BBC Lifestyle and BBC Entertainment, with Taiwan telecommunications provider Chung Hwa Telecom’s (CHT) IPTV platform, MOD. This distribution deal makes the channels available to more than a million of the platform’s subscriber households. Mark Whitehead, Senior Vice President and General Manager of BBC Worldwide Channels, said at the launch that Taiwan plays an important role in the network’s growth plan for the region. All three channels, which officially launched on 23 November, carry Chinese subtitles.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 342 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 84 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020