Malaysia’s involvement in this year’s MIPCOM has more than doubled last year’s, increasing from 30 creative content companies to 75 at the 2011 event. Sixteen deals worth more than USD 70 million were announced at the Creative Malaysia Cocktail Reception, held in the InterContinental Carlton Hotel in Cannes. Some of these deals include agreements between; Infinite Motion of Malaysia and Three Black Cat of UK to co-produce animation series Ella Brella (52 x 11), Cartoon4Kids of Malaysia and Baleuko of Spain to co-produce a 3D animated TV series Smolitoon (52 x 11); and Funcel of Malaysia and August Media of Singapore to co-finance and co-produce a slate of 3 animated series of 52 episodes each.
Ad – Before Content
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’
- Ferly and Wild Child Animation attach leading comedians to ‘Butthole Biscuits’
- DCD Rights sees factual series go global
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand