Cannes – Hat Trick International (HTI) has sold series one and two of its prime-time comedy Episodes to Japan pay TV channel WOWOW. Series one will air on the channel in November this year while series two will air in 2012 after its premiere on Showtime in the US and BBC Two in the UK. The comedy, which stars Matt LeBlanc playing an outrageous version of himself, has been acquired by broadcasters throughout the world with season one selling to more than 180 countries. The second season is also set to air on channels spanning Africa and Asia to Eastern Europe and Latin America. Produced by Hat Trick Productions for Showtime in the US and BBC2 in the UK, Episodes is penned by the acclaimed writing partnership of David Crane (Friends) and Jeffrey Klarik (Mad About You).
Ad – Before Content
- ZEE5 Global announces second season of ‘Never Kiss Your Best Friend’
- Asia Video Summit wraps up a week of events highlighting the resilience of the industry
- TechStorm makes landmark inaugural launch in Bangladesh
- Fremantle Australia produces new psychological drama ‘Significant Others’
- Satellite remains an essential element of video distribution alongside the growth of OTT
- Fremantle announces Season 2 of Steve Backshall’s ‘Expedition’ to launch in 144 territories