FOX International Channels (FIC) today announced Asia’s answer to the popular talent show format, with the first regional production of its kind – tvN K-Pop Star Hunt. tvN K-pop Star Hunt is a show searching for the next big K-Pop Star in which 10 candidates will first be selected from five countries – Taiwan, Singapore, the Philippines, Thailand and Hong Kong and then flown into Seoul for the final competition. FIC is the first major pay-TV network in Asia to produce an original entertainment show in the talent hunt format. The show’s scripts and production are all mastered by FIC and its partners — CJ Media, Korea’s leading broadcaster; and Cube Entertainment, Korea’s leading entertainment production company. Explaining the company’s move, Joon Lee, Senior Vice President, Content and Communication; and General Manager, Korea in FOX International Channels, said, “Audiences in the region crave entertainment content that was developed specifically for Asia, by Asia and in Asia.” tvN K-Pop Star Hunt will make its Asian debut in end December 2011 exclusively on tvN, as well as on STAR World and Channel [V] International. The show will also premiere exclusively on CJ media’s TV platform in Korea in the same launch period.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 73 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020