Los Angeles – Endemol announced yesterday the launch of Endemol Studios, an LA-based independent scripted TV studio operation, to be headed up by newly appointed CEO Philippe Maigret. Endemol Studios will develop and produce US scripted TV programming for global exploitation across all platforms. The operation is resourced to finance the development of projects, deficit-finance the production of pilots and series and oversee all related activities. The upcoming productions will be based on original projects developed internally, as well as scripted formats adapted from Endemol’s international portfolio. The studio will also partner with US networks and producers on projects already developed, coming on board in a studio capacity. The launch of Endemol Studios capitalizes on Endemol’s successes in US scripted television to date, including AMC’s recent series order of the Endemol USA-developed series Hell on Wheels; as well as the rights acquisition of TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland and TNT’s Leverage, to name two.
Ad – Before Content
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’
- Ferly and Wild Child Animation attach leading comedians to ‘Butthole Biscuits’
- DCD Rights sees factual series go global
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand