Hong Kong – Television news anchor, Anjali Rao, has resigned from her post at CNN International after five years to develop a new integrated lifestyle content platform. “After 15 years of news, I have become anxious to explore new opportunities in television and digital content distribution”, said Rao of her decision to part ways with the news giant. But Rao will not remain off-air for long. Along with manager and business partner, Brett Gullan, the two have joined forces with Hong Kong-based branded-content production company, The Media Village, to develop and produce lifestyle and factual entertainment content exclusively for Rao. Gullan added, “We’re excited by the trends emerging in the digital space. Time-shifted viewing across multiple platforms has changed the way people consume media and we want Anjali to be at the forefront of this in Asia.” Further announcements are expected to be made in 2-3 weeks.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 76 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020