Singapore – Encompass Digital Media today announced plans for its US$20 million investment into Singapore operations, with boosting capacity through technology and infrastructure upgrading. The investment will also be targeted at employee upskilling and engagement with the wider community. Deepakjit Singh, Managing Director of Encompass Asia, told TV ASIA Plus that this investment will “enable us to employ cutting edge technology and a world class workforce to continue forging partnerships.” He likened the company’s ambitions to becoming “the Intel inside” media business in the region. Encompass currently holds more than 30 per cent share in Asia’s digital media services market, providing services to media companies as Tiger Gate Entertainment, ESPN Star Sports, Sony Entertainment, Life Inspired and SingTel. At present it holds 260,000 hours of television content at its facilities in east Singapore. The service provider has also set aside funds for community engagement initiatives in addition to investing in Singapore’s digital media scene. Earlier this year, the company partnered with the Singapore Management University to create the Encompass Digital Media Bursary with a contribution of $100,000.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 75 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020