Kuala Lumpur – SPE Networks – Asia (SPENA) has come up tops in Asian general entertainment, with its ONE HD channel surpassing all other high-definition (HD) channels in Malaysia, just four months after its launch. ONE HD beat 11 other channels on Astro with full-day ratings that were four times higher than those of its closest competitor. Astro subscribers are also viewing ONE HD for long periods daily, with each viewer spending an average of almost two hours, the second-longest duration among the 125 channels available on the Malaysian pay-TV platform. “ONE HD has performed phenomenally and Malaysian viewers have lapped up Korean entertainment, much like audiences all over the world. We are very encouraged by ONE HD’s popularity, and we are working towards expanding our Korean offering to more Asian markets over the next two years,” said Ang Hui Keng, senior vice president, business operations, SPENA. Launched October 2010 in Malaysia, ONE HD marked SPENA’s first thrust into offering Asian general entertainment. ONE HD’s programming line-up is headlined by the latest Korean dramas – the bulk of which is supplied by Seoul-based Korean content supplier and broadcaster SBS – with selected titles premiering just weeks after their debut broadcasts in South Korea. The channel also carries the hippest K-pop variety, reality and music shows.
Ad – Before Content
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches brand new CM+ channel on Singtel TV in Singapore
- ATEME enables DL Gtpl to launch cable headend In India
- Southern Cross Austereo chooses MediaHub Australia to manage and deliver Sky News Regional Channels across Australia
- Astro expands its OTT aggregation play with TVB Anywhere+ App
- Vishal Bhardwaj and Netflix come together for the upcoming spy-thriller ‘Khufiya’
- ZEE5 Global launches Original web series ‘Pavitra Rishta – It’s Never Too Late’