CNBC takes Squawk Box to Thailand; launches new segment series on clean energy
CNBC took its flagship programme, Squawk Box, on the road to Thailand for the first time on 20 September 2010. Hosted by Asian anchor, Martin Soong, and European anchor, Geoff Cutmore, the weeklong programme aired on both Squawk box Europe and Squawk Box Asia. To kick-start Squawk on the Road Thailand, CNBC held an exclusive, by-invitation-only, Power Breakfast on September 20 where his Excellency, Thailand’s Prime Minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva and Honorable, Finance Minister of Thailand, Korn Chatikavanij graced the event. The event was held at The Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand with more than 150 VIPs from business, government and media attending. CNBC has announced the launch of a new global 10 part segment series on clean energy called People, Planet, Profit. The series is sponsored by The Zayed Future Energy Prize, an annual award that celebrates achievements that reflect innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability. People, Planet, Profit looks at the next generation of clean technologies and goes behind the scenes of the most innovative companies and the unique energy they create. For each technology the series will assess if it’s a viable clean energy source and if it can turn a profit for investors. Each programme will examine cutting edge technologies including tidal wave, osmotic power, algae fuel, kite power and smart grids. The segments, which will air during prime programming, will be hosted by CNBC anchor Geoff Cutmore. The series will be broadcast on CNBC’s three regional networks, covering Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the United States, reaching more than 240 million households worldwide.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,216 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 92 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 77 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 73 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020