BBC Worldwide Channels Asia announced the promotion of Monty Ghai to vice president, network development, Asia. In his new role, Ghai will be responsible for identifying opportunities to increase the distribution of BBC Worldwide Channels’ portfolio including BBC Entertainment, BBC Knowledge, CBeebies, BBC Lifestyle and BBC World News in South East Asia, Hong Kong and South Korea. Working alongside the international strategy team, Ghai will also seek to introduce the channels on new platforms including DTT, IPTV, mobile as well as capitalise on a growing video-on-demand market. Formerly director, network development Asia, Ghai continues to report to Mark Whitehead and remains based in Singapore.
Ad – Before Content
- Fremantle Australia teams up with Archipelago Production for ‘Bay of Fires’
- Disney+ Singapore celebrates everyday heroes with local singer-songwriters Gentle Bones and Iman Fandi
- AXN Asia’s new show ‘CSI: Vegas’ ranked as top English-language program on Starhub TV Singapore during first week of premiere
- Nelvana secures distribution of ‘The Hardy Boys’ on Disney+ internationally
- Abacus Media Rights partners with Media Musketeer for sci-fi thriller ‘Pulse’
- BARC India THINK report: Ad volumes on TV spurt to highest levels in 2021 as festive season kicks off