Tokyo – NHK’s international business arm, Media International Corporation (MICO), is to merge with NHK’s main program-making subsidiary, NHK Enterprises, Inc., (NEP). The MICO-NEP merger is part of NHK’s reorganization of its affiliates to strengthen the NHK group’s international operations. NEP produces programs in a wide range of genres and forms the core of NHK’s domestic content business. MICO has a record of success in marketing NHK programs overseas and in acquiring overseas programs for NHK and other domestic broadcasters. The creation of a new NEP through the merger will enable a single company to strategically distribute NHK content domestically and internationally. NHK will continue building on its achievements in major co-productions and in producing rich content in diverse genres. The launch of the new NEP will generate new strengths in terms of international production and marketing, thereby boosting the NHK brand on a global scale. The new NEP will make its debut and announce international co-production projects at the MIPTV international media market in Cannes, France, in April 2010.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020