Hong Kong – The brand new AsiaSat 5 communications satellite of Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) began commercial service on September 17, at the orbital location of 100.5 degrees East with enhanced power, coverage and connectivity, for advanced satellite broadcasting, telecommunications and broadband services across Asia Pacific. Following its launch on August 12 and the successful completion of in-orbit testing to verify the satellite’s performance and integrity, AsiaSat 5 is now operational at 100.5 degrees East, the orbital slot occupied by AsiaSat 2 since 1996. Traffic transfer from AsiaSat 2 to AsiaSat 5 has commenced and is expected to be completed over the next few weeks. AsiaSat 5 is now serving many public and private broadcasters from around the world and a number of wholesale news agencies, video service providers, teleport service providers for video and news distribution and contribution services, as well as governments and corporations for VSAT network services. In addition to a powerful Ku-band East Asia beam, AsiaSat 5 also offers two new Ku-band beams – the South Asia beam and a steerable beam at the 100.5 degrees East to satisfy market demands.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020