Nonthaburi, Thailand – THAICOM Public Company Limited, Asia’s leading commercial satellite operator and the operator of the IPSTAR broadband satellite system, announced that its subsidiary, IPSTAR Company Limited (Japan Branch), has officially inaugurated the 14th IPSTAR Gateway located in Saitama Prefecture, Japan on April 17. The IPSTAR service started April 1. The company plans to install free-trial IPSTAR terminals in 46 prefectures of Japan with a 1Mbps/512 Kbps package for a period of one year. Earlier, IPSTAR Japan Company provided intensive training courses for the Japanese installers. In addition, IPSTAR is also looking for local service providers to be the IPSTAR distributors, especially in the rural areas of Japan. Dumrong Kasemset, recently resigned executive chairman of Thaicom Plc. and the CEO of IPSTAR Co. Ltd. Japan said, “Our target is to provide services to the unserved and underserved markets in Japan, which accounts for approximately 880,000 households. The Company is committed to support the Universal Service Obligation (USO) initiatives in Japan. In order to allow all the prefectures to have first-hand experience using broadband via satellite through IPSTAR, we will provide each of the 46 prefectures an IPSTAR terminal free of charge for a period of one year.” IPSTAR currently provides full nationwide broadband satellite services in 11 countries with 14 gateways: Australia, Cambodia, China, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, The Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 62 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 59 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 56 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020