Seoul – Endemol is opening an office in Seoul, South Korea, headed up by managing executive business development Far East / digital media Ryan Lee. It is also anticipated Endemol will relocate its Southeast Asia HQ to Malaysia – from its current Bangkok location. Speaking at the BCWW 2008 Exhibition & Conference, being held at COEX 3-5 Sept 2008, senior licensing manager commercial & creative affairs Maarten Meijs said that Endemol gameshow format 1 versus 100 has been one of the first international formats licensed into Korea. “The new office is at a very early stage, but our main aim is to localize our major hits in Korea – we are currently putting people in place here.” Meijs says Endemol is also scouting four different Asian locations to set its mammoth obstacle course format Wipeout. He said demand for the format, and the potential demand in Asia, is such that the company needs another set supplementary to the one in Argentina.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 55 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020