Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) has reached an agreement with Astro, to carry KBS World, its international television channel. KBS World will be available for all subscribers as a basic channel. Via Astro, about 2 million households in Malaysia and Brunei will gain access to KBS World on a daily basis as of 13th October 2007. KBS is Korea’s flagship public service broadcaster with 2 domestic terrestrial networks, 4 pay-TV networks, and 7 radio networks. KBS World is general entertainment channel comprising programs targeting family audiences and fans of Korean pop culture. It carries dramas, entertainments, documentaries, news & current affairs, and kids’ programming. With 15 hours English subtitles a day, KBS World appeals not only to Asian communities, but also to the local audiences all around the world. Now including Malaysia and Brunei, KBS World is available in 51 countries for 40 million households around the world.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 339 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 66 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020