Disney Channel’s High School Musical 2 (HSM 2) premiered in Australia on Sept. 22, delivering an average audience of 313,976 to rank as the highest rated movie ever telecast in subscription TV homes. That marked a 134% increase on the average audience that High School Musical’s debut achieved in June 2006. HSM 2 is the top rated telecast of any kind with children in subscription TV homes with an average audience of 180,270 children aged 5-15, a 166% increase in children’s viewership over the first movie. The show also garnered a 55.37% share of children 5-15 in subscription TV homes. HSM 2 was the top program in Australian subscription television homes with total viewers, children 5-15 and teens 16-17 on the day of its premiere. It also propelled Disney Channel to its highest rated day ever with total viewers.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’