South Korea’s commercial S-DMB mobile TV operator TU Media has begun streaming more than 16 hours of CNN International programming daily to its million-plus subscribers. The programming mix includes breaking news, business, sport, entertainment as well as feature programming which reaches mobile phones and other compatible handheld devices. Ron Lee, Vice President Turner Broadcasting Systems Korea noted, “With the forthcoming week of dedicated live programming from Seoul and beyond, Eye on South Korea (www.cnn.com/southkorea), it is a particularly timely development”. CNN Mobile is CNN International’s service for mobile devices, launched in February 1999 as the first mobile news and information service available globally with targeted regional content. Content includes CNN World News Now, CNN Hollywood Express, and CNN News on Demand. CNN Mobile is available to more than 210 million subscribers worldwide through 38 international mobile operator partnerships in more than 30 countries.
Ad – Before Content
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’
- Ferly and Wild Child Animation attach leading comedians to ‘Butthole Biscuits’
- DCD Rights sees factual series go global
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand