London- Chellomedia, the European content division of Liberty Global, Inc. and HIT Entertainment, independent children’s entertainment producer and rights owner, will jointly launch pre-school TV channel JimJam worldwide. Currently available in Italy on the Sky Italia platform, JimJam was acquired by Chellomedia and will be distributed internationally by HIT and Chellomedia’s subsidiary, Zonemedia. The launch across cable and satellite platforms worldwide, except the US and UK, will follow the channel’s roll out in Europe later this year as well as in Africa and the Middle East in Q1, 2008. JimJam will feature HIT’s properties including Thomas & Friends, Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Angelina Ballerina, Barney & Friends, and Pingu. It will also acquire pre-school programming from international distributors.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’