Sydney- A carbon trading deal between California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Governor of Indonesia’s Aceh province and an investigation into the mind of a psychopath are among the subjects of documentaries which secured funding this month from Film Finance Corporation Australia, Australia’s ABC-TV and international broadcasters. The Burning Season from director/writer/co-producer Cathy Henkel and co-producing partner Jeff Canin tracks the race by Dorjee Sun to broker a carbon trading deal between Governor Irwandi Yusuf and Schwarzenegger, which the filmmakers say could change the future of the planet. It’s co-financed by the BBC, CBC Canada and National Geographic. I, Psychopath will take viewers on a road trip into the life and mind of a psychopath, former white-collar criminal Sam Vaknin, who goes in search of a diagnosis to try to prove he doesn’t have a conscience and thus can’t be cured. From director/writer Ian Walker and producer Sally Regan, it’s backed by Arte/ZDF Germany and CBC Canada.
Ad – Before Content
- Abacus Media Rights secures international sales for ‘The Beatles and India’ feature documentary
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV