San Diego/Hong Kong- PCCW Limited and Qualcomm Incorporated will conduct a technical trial of the latter’s MediaFLO technology in Hong Kong. The trial is intended to test the capabilities of MediaFLO handsets for PCCW’s IPTV network, now TV, and to allow PCCW to assess the potential business model of a commercial mobile TV service based on MediaFLO. The trial runs from May 14 to November 13, 2007 and is for testing purposes only. Launched in September 2003, now TV has a customer base of over 800,000 in Hong Kong, and delivers more than 130 channels content. It also holds exclusive Hong Kong broadcast rights, including mobile, for the Barclays English Premier League football for three seasons commencing in 2007/08 season kicking off in August. PCCW has a quadruple-play platform offering multiple access options for content, programming and interactive services over broadband, fixed line, TV and mobile, with Hong Kong’s first real-time mobile TV service in 2007.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 42 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020