CCTV adopts Snell & Wilcox’s switcher for Olympics coverage in 2008
Beijing– China Central Television (CCTV) will use Snell & Wilcox’s Kahuna SD/HD multi-format production switchers on OB vans for live HD coverage of key sports events including the Beijing 2008 Olympics for which CCTV is the principal broadcaster. CCTV previously acquired a Kahuna switcher for its sports studio to mix SD and HD content for coverage of the 2006 FIFA Football World Cup.
The Kahuna production switcher offers simultaneous SD and HD operations in the same mainframe and control panel, and enables CCTV to offer HD without upgrading its entire infrastructure or investing in external conversion equipment. It also allows operators to mix SD camera feeds, graphics, handheld shots, and archive footage directly into an HD production.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020