ATV’s Asia Entertainment to chronicle Hong Kong’s history
Hong Kong – Asia Television Limited's recently formed subsidiary Asia Entertainment Limited is co-producing with Hunan TV an ambitious drama series chronicling Hong Kong's storied history, budgeted at more than HK$30 million ($US3.8 million).
Entitled Cang Hai Fu Tian, the series will cover key events and milestones in Hong Kong from the 1930s to 1997, reflecting the diligence of Hong Kong people and the ethnic and cultural difference among generations. "The story lauds the fortitude and camaraderie of Hong Kong people through thick and thin," according to H.Y. Kwong, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and External Affairs, Asia Television Limited, and Yeung Siu Hung, General Manager, Asia Entertainment Production Limited.
Asia Entertainment Limited has a broad remit, including the production of at least 300 hours of programming over the next 12 months; staging concerts and dramas in Hong Kong, the mainland and other Asian cities; and an artist management department which will provide a showcase for artists across different media channels in Greater China.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020