Singapore – Steven Tan, executive VP and COO for MTV Networks Asia-Pacific (MTVN A-P), and Mark Glazier, VP and CFO for MTVN A-P, left the company at the end of January. Also Andrew Hoppe, VP of content, creative & digital, has resigned and MTVN A-P is recruiting for his replacement. The departures resulted from reduced support required from the Singapore team following the realignment of MTVN A-P’s operations to advance the company’s localization strategy.
MTV Networks International president Bob Bakish will oversee Asia-Pacific operations with Japan and India’s management reporting to him. China, Korea, Australia and South East Asia’s management report to MTVNI COO Alex Ferrari, who also reports to Bakish. MTVN A-P’s corporate communications, creative and strategic services teams come under Chris Steward, executive VP of MTVN A-P's Viacom Brand Solutions and South East Asia.
Bakish thanked Tan, Glazier and Hoppe for their contributions and iterated the need for a structural shift to improve the company’s operational effectiveness. He added MTVNI will empower its local operations to drive TV and digital businesses and enhance audience relationships.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020