Senior Manager, Brand & Content Marketing
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
About the job
Disney+ is one of the leading premium video streaming services in the world. It is the dedicated home for streaming movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. It is available on most internet-connected devices and offers a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
Our Disney+ North Asia team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of the service across Japan, China, Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships, content programming, research and analytics.
The Senior Manager, Brand & Content Marketing will lead marketing strategy for the Disney Streaming Service, be the subject matter expert on the Disney+ brand and lead product positioning, creative development, promotional optimization, and competitive analysis for the product. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of the Pay-Per-View vertical and a passion for the digital media landscape. The candidate should have a clear understanding of the marketing funnel, knowledgeable about designing experiments, and deriving insights from data with the ultimate goal of growing an engaged audience for Disney+. The role will be positioned at the heart of decision making for The Walt Disney Company, driving the best audience/subscriber experience and commercial outcome for the business.
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic marketing roadmap that drives user acquisition, conversion, and engagement for Disney+
- Craft innovative and competitive product positioning for Disney+ offering
- Partner with Content, BD, Lifecycle, Analytics, and Media teams to influence key growth areas, marketing and messaging strategy, and user experience
- Define KPIs to measure campaign success and forecast performance to inform accurate planning
- Imagine, test, and iterate new conversion tactics across on-channel, off-channel, and emerging platforms
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- Minimum 10 years comprehensive and demonstrable experience in building direct-to-consumer brands, in consumer technology, leading consumer brands, or similar multinational company
- Strong experience developing and managing brand marketing campaigns with execution experience across the marketing mix
- Multi-channel marketing experience with a thorough understanding of engagement, retention, and analytics, comfortable with organic and paid disciplines
- Collaborative leader comfortable with complex, cross-functional projects across teams and leagues
- Experience leading cross-functional team alignment and strategic planning
- A self-starter capable of working independently but also as part of a team
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Passion for the digital media and entertainment space
- Fluent written and oral English and Chinese