Language Production Supervisor – SEA
About the job
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 204 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. The Netflix Dubbing Production team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to our growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/VO production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to Netflix’s ability to provide the best-localized experience of our great content. With this international expansion, the preservation of creative intent in the production of a localized experience is of utmost importance, what a great time to join Netflix!
This position will report into Regional Dubbing Production in Singapore. Together, this team is responsible for the creative aspects of localization production working closely with our Content Creative, Physical Production, and Distribution Operations teams.
Covering South East Asia markets (Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines & Vietnam), the ideal candidate will have a great passion for language, experience with the production of dubs, a deep appreciation of regional cultural differences, and a high level of intellectual curiosity. The role requires you to develop a relationship with our original content and be able to strategically identify the challenges and complexities localization will face before it even begins. Preserving creative intent will be your mission and developing creative approaches to the challenges at hand will be your passion.
As a Regional Production Supervisor, your goal will be to represent Netflix’s quality, culture, and mission in the territory. Making sure our dubbing partners are compliant with our technical and creative standards is crucial for the local strategies. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
- Analyze content to identify and solve localization challenges in collaboration with the Creative Dubbing Supervisors on selected titles.
- Build and leverage strong relationships with talent communities in Thailand, and any other Asian markets as required (including but not limited to Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines & Vietnam).
- Collaborate with Creative Dubbing Supervisors and Operations Specialists in-territory or in LA on oversight to dub studio casting and enforcement of creative intent and operations issues.
- Conduct script review for high profile titles and evaluate the quality of translation and translators.
- Supervise dubbing sessions as designated and may require travel within the country to cover different languages/dialects.
- Assist with M&E/mixing/linguistic QC sessions in-territory as well as to communicate music & effects needs with mixers. Supervise mixing sessions for high profile titles as needed.
- Accommodate and/or provide risk assessment for any special upstream localization requests; Address, resolve and escalate issues and concerns as needed
- Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and operational workflows for dub asset creation and management, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way
- Be the leading voice of language production in South East Asia markets
- 5-7+ years prior experience in managing localization and/or creative workflows within the entertainment industry; background in dubbing creation and a passion for languages and translation quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in both English and Thai required.
- Prior experience in managing localization workflows in the entertainment industry; background in dubbing and subtitling creation and a passion for languages and translation quality.
- Deep understanding of differences, subtleties, and nuances between subtitle and dub translation.
- Attention to detail and highly analytical: be able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows, priorities, tools & technologies, as required.
- Sensitivity to client servicing, particularly within the internal organization, including but not limited to Marketing team, Public Relations, and Content team.
- Creativity and the passion to challenge current industry standards.
- Be able to do occasional travel to various cities in South East Asia may be required to cover dubbing in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines & Vietnam (once travel safely resumes).
- Familiarity with the current trends in the entertainment industry in Thailand a must, and any knowledge with other South East Asia markets a plus.
- Audio understanding & knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020