PPTV Thailand boosts playout capabilities with Imagine Communications’ Versio Modular Playout Platform
Imagine Communications has upgraded PPTV Thailand’s existing playout facility in Bangkok with a powerful, turnkey system built on its widely deployed Versio™ modular playout platform. Hosting Imagine’s field-proven ADC™ automation, graphics, master control and media asset management capabilities, the fully redundant 1+1 playout system is the perfect choice for a major broadcaster like PPTV looking to ensure on-air availability and security, while maximizing operational workflows and efficiencies.
Versio is a fully virtualized platform that can be implemented in dedicated on-prem hardware, as at PPTV, or as software in a data center or in the cloud. With a modular architecture designed to fit any installation, Versio integrates seamlessly with the station’s existing content storage network and can accept both IP and SDI live feeds from its studios or from outside sources such as sports feeds for PPTV’s premium sports channel.
“We wanted to update our playout system with full automation, graphics, master control and the ability to move instantly between automated and live delivery,” said Bundit Khamnueng, broadcasting and operations director of PPTV. “Imagine’s team demonstrated that they could meet all our playout needs in a turnkey system that is highly reliable and easy to monitor and maintain.”
PPTV’s new playout system includes storage for scheduled content, built on Imagine’s Versio IOX shared storage with intrinsic mirroring for redundancy. Nexio® Motion™ and Versio Content Portal provide a transparent connection to the station’s content storage network, calling media assets as required. Two Versio playout channels are included in the system, running in tight synchronization, to provide full redundancy with automatic failover. Playout engines use embedded instances of Imagine ADC automation software, which shares data with the scheduling system to guarantee that the right content goes to air accurately.
“Versio is a market leader in playout automation because of its flexibility, scalability and robustness,” said Mathias Eckert, SVP & GM EMEA and APAC for Imagine Communications. “It is cost-effective for applications like PPTV, where we can deliver a feature-rich solution with all the functionality, reliability and graphics capability a premium HD channel needs. At the same time, Versio and ADC can scale in the future as PPTV’s business requirements change.
“This is our first contract with PPTV, and we aim to continue to demonstrate, through our local support and through our innovative technology, that we are the ideal partner for all broadcasters across the region,” Eckert added.
PPTV is a commercial broadcaster in Thailand, owned by Bangkok Media and Broadcasting. It delivers a single HD service on channel 36 of the country’s digital terrestrial network. It shows a broad variety of content, including premium sports as well as entertainment.
The new playout and master control system at PPTV was implemented in association with local Imagine partner and systems integrator SWS Group Co Ltd.
Imagine Communications will be exhibiting at the BroadcastAsia 2021 virtual show within Asia Tech x Singapore (ATxSG), which is taking place July 14-16, 2021.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 76 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021