discovery+ India launches largest content expansion to date, including non-fiction library content from A+E Networks
discovery+ India announced its most significant content expansion since launch, adding 750+ hours to its offering, including premium non-fiction library content from A+E Networks in an extension of Discovery’s US content partnership. The platform, in working with additional content providers, also welcomes new episodes of global hit shows and for the first time, a specially curated kids content section, further cementing its reputation as the definitive real life and learning streaming service for all the family.
The A+E Networks deal covers India streaming rights across some of the network’s most iconic shows, from top-rated reality TV series like Pawn Stars, based on a family-owned pawn shop to America’s favourite treasure hunters, Storage Wars, to popular made in India History TV18 shows including OMG! Yeh Mera India, the longest-running and most successful local franchise hosted by Krushna Abhishek, Kumbh: Among The Seekers and Dwarkadhish: Kingdom of Krishna. A large selection of titles is now available, with more set to launch over the coming months.
“In a little over twelve months since its launch, discovery+ India has become the leading destination for unrivalled infotainment and non-fiction storytelling,” said Simon Robinson, President, Asia-Pacific, Discovery, Inc. “As we solidify our direct-to-consumer plans and launch discovery+ across the region, the extended A+E Networks partnership reflects our enduring commitment to deliver increased choice and value to consumers, bringing together the content they love under one platform.”
discovery+, one of India’s highest-rated apps on Google Play Store, has continued to keep consumers entertained with thousands of hours of exclusive content spanning 55+ genres, including Science, Adventure, Sports, True Crime, Food, Lifestyle and Paranormal, in seven languages: Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Bengali.
In addition to A+E Networks titles, consumers can now enjoy fresh episodes from key acquisitions, including Hell’s Kitchen, 2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship and Top Gear America, as well as favourites such as Walking with Elephants ft Levison Wood, I Love A Mama’s Boy and Undercover Billionaire: Comeback City. Through the newly created kids section, young viewers can immerse themselves into a world of fantasy and never-ending adventure whilst increasing their knowledge, with titles such as Mr. Bean, Little Singham, Kids Baking Championship, Hanuman, How Do Animals Do That and MythBusters Jr.
discovery+ India has significantly increased its local original production output in 2021, with standout titles including Star vs Food, Secrets of Sinauli: Discovery of the Century, Mission Frontline, Ladakh Warrior and Vande Bharat Flight IX 1344: Hope to Survival, driving audiences to the platform.
Internationally, Discovery is leveraging its massive library of local-language content, as well as its broad portfolio of live sports, to drive its direct-to-consumer offering across more than 25 key markets in 2021, including the Nordics, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. discovery+ will also launch in Latin American markets and in parts of Asia-Pacific.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020