ATEME’s Titan Live enables TCCL to launch converged headend in India
ATEME, the leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable TV, DTH, IPTV and OTT, announced that TCCL (Thamizhaga Cable TV Communication Pvt Ltd ), one of the largest cable distribution companies in India, with a strong emphasis on the quality of service and content, has chosen to implement ATEME’s TITAN Live solution for its cable TV platform.
The leading multi-system operator in Tamilnadu, TCCL has recently upgraded its headend platform to complement its existing cable service offering. ATEME’s TITAN Live is being used to deliver a high-quality cable-TV offering to TCCL customers.
TITAN Live enables TCCL to improve its subscribers’ viewing experience while reducing operational costs, by ensuring exceptional video quality at very low bitrates. It also makes operations easier thanks to its full software approach, which simplifies deployments and operations: profile reconfigurations, automatic switchovers, and fast updates become much easier. And it reduces CAPEX as it runs on any COTS or virtualized server.
Mr Sakilan, Managing Director, TCCL, commented: “We have always had a strong emphasis on quality of service and content. ATEME’s TITAN Live met our need for the best quality of image coupled with the most efficient bandwidth saving – better than any other vendor. We are very pleased with our choice – both in terms of the product, and the unparalleled support we received from the ATEME team, which understands our priorities and our need to provide content of the best quality to our current and future audiences.”
Gautier Vandomme, VP Sales – APAC, ATEME, added: “We are very excited to be on this journey with TCCL. Viewers in India have such a rich variety of content to choose from; it is a great satisfaction to be helping them view this content at the best quality.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 261 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 77 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021