BBC Global News chooses Taboola as its exclusive content recommendations provider
Taboola, a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web, helping people discover things they may like, announced a new deal with BBC Global News, the home of the BBC’s award-winning commercial international news, sport and features content, in which it will become the renowned publisher’s exclusive content recommendations provider.
BBC News is the world’s most trusted international news broadcaster and reaches 438 million people around the globe each week across TV, online, apps and social media. BBC.com saw record reach over the past year, with 145 million unique browsers each month. Taboola Feed, a seamlessly integrated feed that provides readers with personalised content for a more engaging experience, enabling monetisation of below-article placements, will be integrated into BBC.com – the home of BBC News and BBC Sport – in all markets outside the UK, where the publisher is commercially funded. Its aim is to drive revenue while keeping UX and the integrity of the brand intact, as well as to grow engagement and audiences across the site.
Errol Baran, BBC Global News SVP, Business Development and Innovation, Global Advertising and StoryWorks, said: “As our readership grows and changes, we constantly seek out technology companies like Taboola which can help us keep pace. Our robust standards for data and quality are paramount and we have chosen to work with Taboola because of the adaptability of their recommendation platform and their understanding of our requirements. We are very much looking forward to forming a fruitful relationship going forward.”
Adam Singolda, Founder and CEO, Taboola said: “We are very pleased to officially hold the title of exclusive content recommendations provider for BBC Global News. To take on this role, we needed to earn the absolute trust of the BBC that we can meet their requirements. As a result, we have built a true partnership and we cannot wait to further innovate together. This alliance fits perfectly with our focus on premium publications and brands, and we’re confident our products will help grow revenue across the BBC’s sites.”
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020