ATEME launches a green delivery solution for video service providers
ATEME, the leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable TV, DTH, IPTV and OTT, announced the launch of its Green Delivery solution – an integrated, end-to-end solution enabling both OTT and DTH operators to significantly reduce the carbon footprint of their video delivery, thereby helping them meet sustainability goals.
Bringing together various carbon-efficient components into an integrated whole, the Green Delivery solution brings further optimizations to reduce hardware requirements, bandwidth usage, and energy consumption. These include software optimizations for higher-density compression, reduced packaging, and more efficient multiplexing; efficient resource allocation; sharing of hardware resources across applications; and sharing of workflows across services. They also include an elastic CDN to eliminate the need to build over-capacity.
“There is growing recognition in the industry of the importance of embracing environmental goals to contribute to reducing climate change,” said Joseph Soueidi, Chief Operations Officer of ATEME. “Several operators across the globe have already seen significant improvements in this area by using our Green Delivery solution, with energy consumption being reduced by 66% compared to the 2018 market average. With the official launch of the solution, we look forward to helping more operators reach their sustainability goals, while also reducing their costs through a more efficient platform.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020