The Q appoints Simran Hoon as Chief Executive Officer in India
The Q, India’s fastest growing youth-focused, Hindi General Entertainment channel, announced the appointment of Simran Hoon as the company’s Chief Executive Officer. In her new role, which takes effect immediately, Simran will leverage her experience and insight to provide strategic direction to create new opportunities for The Q in India thus driving the organization’s overall growth.
Simran brings to The Q over two decades of industry experience. Prior to joining The Q, Simran was associated with Viacom18 as Executive Vice-President and Head of Ad Sales. She has also been a part of Zee Entertainment Enterprises, Star India and Sony Entertainment Television in leadership positions.
Commenting on Simran Hoon’s appointment, Curt Marvis, Co-Founder and CEO of QYOU Media, “As we gear for even greater growth and expansion in India, it is the right time to add someone with Simran’s extraordinary capabilities to our leadership team. Our growth in India has been exponential and we are confident that Simran, with her keen business acumen and in-depth understanding of the industry, will immediately propel The Q forward. Simran’s distinguished record and forward-thinking approach will help us stay ahead of the curve.”
Adding to that, Sunder Aaron, Co-Founder & MD, The Q India, said, “We are delighted to have Simran on board. She is a seasoned professional with extensive knowledge of the media and entertainment industry, who brings with her rich experience and enormous expertise that we believe fervently will take The Q to the next level. Her expansive knowledge and understanding of the Indian television market will be of immense value to our company.”
Speaking about her new role as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Simran Hoon, said, “In today’s dynamic and evolving business environment, it is of extreme importance to stay differentiated, relevant and meaningful. I am excited to embark on this journey with The Q and grateful for having been entrusted with the responsibility of leading the team at The Q India as its first CEO. I look forward to working closely with the team here as we scale newer and newer heights.”
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 61 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020