Passion Distribution secures international rights to new drama series ‘bregus / fragile’
Passion Distribution proudly launches brand new drama series bregus / fragile from Fiction Factory, the producers of the multi-award-winning Hinterland.
Inspired by true events, bregus / fragile is a character psychological thriller about a successful woman, her marriage, her friends and how seismic change shatters their illusions of who and what they all are as people when tragedy strikes.
Successful heart surgeon Ellie Bateman seemingly has the perfect life – a loving husband, a beautiful daughter and a close-knit group of friends who mean the world to her. They have what they need and know who they are until an unforeseeable tragedy changes the life that they know beyond all recognition.
Desperate to forget, Ellie survives the only way she knows how. She runs, far from the comfort of her loved ones and finds herself lost in a life she no longer recognises. A life that no longer has meaning. Will she ever find her way back? Is that even what she wants? Or will she choose to lose herself in a perfect storm beyond her control?
The series was created by Mared Swain and Ffion Williams. Produced by Fiction Factory (Y Gwyll / Hinterland), bregus premiered on Sunday, 21st March in primetime on S4C.
Ed Thomas, Executive Producer Fiction Factory said, “We’re thrilled to be partnering up with the team at Passion Distribution to distribute our brand new 6 part drama bregus / fragile. It’s an exciting opportunity to bring this strong local story with universal appeal to a global audience”.
Emmanuelle Namiech, CEO of Passion Distribution said, “bregus / fragile is a gripping, must-watch, new drama that draws you in with an intriguing story that unfolds dramatically. With a strong cast, an unravelling dark story that has boxset quality, partnering with fiction factory on this project was too good an opportunity to miss!“
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020