Nippon TV finalizes deal with Atresmedia for the Spanish format of hit drama series ‘Mother’
Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced that Atresmedia, one of Spain’s largest media groups with an international audience of over 73 million viewers, has acquired the scripted format rights to their award-winning drama series Mother (11 x 60’) and will be remaking the series in Castilian Spanish later this year. Marking the eighth international deal for this megahit drama, the scripted format Mother has already been licensed to CJ E&M (South Korea), MF Yapim (Turkey), STB TV (Ukraine), JSL Global Media (Thailand), Radiant Pictures (China), GoPlay (Indonesia), and Incognita (France).
The announcement was made today by Ms. Mikiko Nishiyama, Managing Director of International Business Development for Nippon TV, and Ms. Mercedes Gamero, Director of Acquisitions & Sales of Atresmedia.
“Atresmedia is a powerful production company well known for the production of Money Heist, and we are extremely pleased to be announcing this new deal with them for our beloved series Mother,” commented Nishiyama. “The poignant drama, which revolves around the universal theme of family and what it ultimately means to be a mother, continues to resonate across borders and achieve ratings success. We have found great partners in Atresmedia and we cannot wait to see their version which is certain to be well-received by the drama-loving audiences in Spain.”
“At Atresmedia we are extremely thrilled to have joined forces with our great partner Nippon TV to bring the beloved series Mother into Spanish for our audience. They will now enjoy our local adaptation of a proven success series that will captivate them for sure,” commented Gamero.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020