Moritz Polter to launch new premium, international scripted label within ITV Studios
Moritz Polter, the award-winning Executive Producer behind the internationally acclaimed German-originated series Das Boot for Sky (third season currently in post-production), Freud for Netflix/ORF and Arctic Circle for ZDF/Elisa Viihde/YLE is to join ITV Studios, establishing a new high-end scripted label which will be launched later in 2021.
Moritz has been named among Variety’s Top 10 Global Creatives to Watch and has shepherded many series to become critically acclaimed, award-winning works of fiction, collecting accolades such as the ROMY Award for Best Producer TV-Fiction (Freud, 2020), the ROMY Award Jury Prize (Das Boot, 2019) and the GQ Men of the Year Award International TV (Das Boot, 2018), to name a selection.
Based in Germany with an international scope, Moritz will bring his rich expertise in the creation, financing and delivery of high-profile international productions to the new venture. In his most recent position as Executive Producer, International Television Series at Bavaria Fiction, Moritz built a specialist and unrivalled division in the German market which created several successful multi-territory co-productions for linear broadcasters and international streamers. He will report to Lisa Perrin, Managing Director, International Production at ITV Studios based in London. The name of the new label will be revealed in due course, ITV Studios will distribute its series internationally.
Prior to his role at Bavaria Fiction, Moritz Polter spent nine years with Tandem Productions (formerly Tandem Communications), ultimately as Vice President of Production. In this capacity, he supervised numerous outstanding productions, including the internationally successful TV series Crossing Lines, starring Donald Sutherland and William Fichtner, and the critically acclaimed Spotless, a CANAL+ Création Originale series.
Moritz Polter graduated from King Alfred’s College in Winchester, England in Business, Media and Film Studies.
As part of ITV Studios’ expansion drive in the global drama market, the major production and distribution group now includes the renowned global scripted producers Cattleya in Italy (Gomorrah, Suburra, ZeroZeroZero), Apple Tree Productions in Denmark (Equinox, Blackwater), Tetra Media Studios France (Balthazar, Paris Police 1900), World Productions (Bodyguard, Line of Duty, The Pembrokeshire Murders) and Mammoth Screen in the UK (The Serpent, Poldark).
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 44 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020