A+E Networks® elevates Christopher Barry to Executive Vice President, Financial and Business Planning
A+E Networks® announced that Christopher Barry has been promoted to Executive Vice President, Financial and Business Planning, covering ad sales, distribution, global content sales, international and digital, effective immediately. The announcement was made by Art Vomvas, EVP, Finance and Business Planning, to whom Barry will continue to report.
As EVP, Barry will lead the team responsible for the financial planning and analysis for all of A+E Networks’ global revenue streams. Barry will work with the various divisions to provide budgeting, forecasting, business planning and strategic support for growth initiatives and investments. He had previously been SVP, Financial and Business Planning.
“Throughout his nine-year tenure at A+E Networks, Christopher has proven to be a best-in-class leader in finance, and a key component to our enduring success,” said Vomvas. “He embodies the very best of our culture and will continue to thrive in his new position.”
Barry first joined A+E Networks as SVP of International Strategy and Digital Media in 2012, charged with leading the acquisition and integration of A+E International’s businesses in Southeast Asia and Italy, along with market expansion in key territories including Canada and France. He was promoted to his most recent expanded role in 2016, following his success in developing and executing the division’s growth plan.
Before joining the company, Barry was SVP of Digital Media & Business Strategy at SundanceTV, where he oversaw the channel’s digital media operations and business development activities. Prior to joining SundanceTV, Barry worked in the Investment Banking division of Morgan Stanley & Co. as Vice President in the Global Media and Communications Corporate Finance group.
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Disney+ Hotstar set to launch in Malaysia on 1 June 48 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- TFC tops Comscore’s TV viewing engagement for Filipino networks in multicultural Asian households in the US in March 2021 45 views | posted on May 4, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 34 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020