Marvel Studios’ ‘The Falcon and The Winter Soldier’ begins streaming on Disney+
Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and The Winter Soldier debuted exclusively on 19 March, with all eyes on the shield. The six-episode show sees Sam Wilson aka The Falcon and Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier deciding to team up – or rather, work together – when a new global threat launches them into an unexpected mission that may hit too close to home.
To mark the highly anticipated Original Series, Captain America’s iconic shield has landed in Singapore, through the power of projection mapping on the Singapore Flyer. The Marvel Studios’ legendary shield has also been spotted in several renowned landmarks across the globe including The London Eye (UK), the Melbourne Star in Melbourne (Australia), the Luneur 1953 Flywheel in Rome (Italy), La Grande Roue de Marseille in Marseille (France), MAAG Hall in Zurich (Switzerland), the Torre Latino in Mexico City (Mexico) and the Planetario in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier continues the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 as the second Marvel Studios television series, following the critically acclaimed WandaVision.
Directed by Kari Skogland with Malcolm Spellman as head writer, the six-part series stars Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Wyatt Russell, Emily VanCamp and Daniel Brühl. The series also features Erin Kellyman, Georges St. Pierre, Amy Aquino, Adepero Oduye and Danny Ramirez.
Disney+ recently launched in Singapore with over 650 films and 15,000 episodes of content from all six iconic content brands, namely Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, National Geographic, and Star. For a fee of S$11.98 a month or S$119.98 a year, subscribers will be able to access Disney+ on a wide selection of mobile and connected TV devices at launch, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs. In addition, existing and new StarHub Mobile+, TV+ and Broadband customers can now enjoy up to two years of access to Disney+.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 42 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020