Discovery+ acquires over 250 hours of All3media International content in non-scripted deal covering four continents
discovery+, the definitive non-fiction, real-life subscription streaming service, announced a high-volume, multi-territory SVOD deal with leading independent distributor All3Media International. More than 250 hours of premium non-scripted content features in the acquisition, including Race Across the World, Naked Attraction, The Undateables and titles from All3Media International’s Gordon Ramsay portfolio.
Both seasons (15 x 60’ in total) of Studio Lambert’s hit adventure BAFTA-winning series Race Across the World have been picked up in the deal, with SVOD rights signed for North America, India, Italy and Spain. Both seasons are now streaming on discovery+.
All four seasons (40 x 60’ in total) of bold dating series Naked Attraction, also from Studio Lambert, will be available on discovery+ later this year in North America, and are currently available across multiple international markets, including Norway, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Poland and the Netherlands, with additional territories to come. Original, local versions of the format also premiered in Italy and Finland, with another set to launch in Norway on discovery+. And SVOD rights to 11 series – a total of 45 episodes – of Betty’s award-winning The Undateables have been signed for North America, launching later in 2021 on discovery+.
The deal covers North American SVOD rights to 100+ hours of content from All3Media International’s Gordon Ramsay portfolio. Titles include two high-octane cooking competitions Culinary Genius (UK) and five seasons of The F Word (UK) – as well as six seasons of Kitchen Nightmares, two seasons of Gordon Ramsay’s Great Escape and three documentaries: Gordon Ramsay Behind Bars, Gordon Ramsay: Shark Bait and Gordon Ramsay On Cocaine. All titles are now streaming on discovery+, with the exception of Gordon Ramsay On Cocaine, which is set to launch later this year.
Story Films’ Generation Porn (3 x 60’), Maverick Television’s The Elephant Hospital (2 x 60’) and North One’s Ski A&E (10 x 60’), plus 60’ specials Extreme Everest (Parable) and The Parachute Murder Plot (Optomen), have also been signed by discovery+ for North America. All titles are now streaming on discovery+, with the exception of Generation Porn, which is set to launch later this year.
In addition to dozens of exclusive original titles, discovery+ features top non-fiction content from All3, Warner Bros., A&E, The HISTORY Channel and Lifetime, as well as exclusive streaming access to the largest collection of natural history content from the BBC.
Internationally, Discovery is leveraging its massive library of local-language content, as well as its broad portfolio of live sports, to drive its direct-to-consumer offering across more than 25 key markets in 2021, including the Nordics, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. discovery+ will also launch in Latin American markets, including a planned launch in Brazil, and in parts of Asia.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 57 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020