Eccho Rights sells Australian drama series ‘Love Child’ to Nordic pubcasters
Eccho Rights have concluded deals with three Nordic public broadcasters for Australian drama series Love Child.
Part of a representation deal that Eccho sealed with Sony Pictures Television towards the end of 2020, Love Child is a moving drama, based on the real experiences of young, unmarried, pregnant women living in a boarding house in 1960s Sydney, who were forcefully separated from their children at birth.
A hit for four seasons on Australia’s Channel Nine, Eccho Rights has now secured deals for the series to air on Sweden’s SVT, NRK in Norway and YLE in Finland.
“Love Child is such a warm, yet heartbreaking series, it really captures the viewer immediately, so it is no surprise we have seen such wide interest in the title since adding it to our catalogue,” says Petra Larsson, Sales Executive Western Europe and CIS at Eccho Rights.
Love Child (36 x 45 minutes) is produced by Playmaker Media for Sony Pictures Television.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 66 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021