Eccho Rights sells Australian drama series ‘Love Child’ to Nordic pubcasters
Eccho Rights have concluded deals with three Nordic public broadcasters for Australian drama series Love Child.
Part of a representation deal that Eccho sealed with Sony Pictures Television towards the end of 2020, Love Child is a moving drama, based on the real experiences of young, unmarried, pregnant women living in a boarding house in 1960s Sydney, who were forcefully separated from their children at birth.
A hit for four seasons on Australia’s Channel Nine, Eccho Rights has now secured deals for the series to air on Sweden’s SVT, NRK in Norway and YLE in Finland.
“Love Child is such a warm, yet heartbreaking series, it really captures the viewer immediately, so it is no surprise we have seen such wide interest in the title since adding it to our catalogue,” says Petra Larsson, Sales Executive Western Europe and CIS at Eccho Rights.
Love Child (36 x 45 minutes) is produced by Playmaker Media for Sony Pictures Television.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020