Discovery, Inc. promotes Lynn Ng to Vice President, Head of Content, Asia Pacific
Discovery, Inc. announced the promotion of Lynn Ng to Vice President, Head of Content, Asia-Pacific. In this role, Ng will continue to spearhead the region’s Content Strategy and Acquisitions, as well as Content Curation, Media Planning and Creative.
Simon Robinson, Discovery President, APAC, said, “Lynn has been a champion of Discovery’s content since joining the organisation 19 years ago, and most recently, has done a fantastic job driving our strategy across Asia-Pacific to significant audience growth. As we continue to ramp up our local Originals output and pivot our business to cater to changing consumer demands, Lynn’s leadership in this role will be key in building further scale across our eco-system of products and platforms.”
Lynn Ng, Vice President, Head of Content, APAC, said, “The world now knows what we’ve always known – Asia Pacific is the place to be. Content from our region is resonating like never before, making waves across the globe. In an increasingly surreal world, authentic stories are our tether in the storm and Discovery is committed to telling these stories with creativity and passion, weaving our global expertise in real-life entertainment with the rich tapestry of Asia Pacific.”
Ng joined Discovery in 2002 and has been involved in the evolution of Discovery’s portfolio of products and content offerings, starting when Discovery pioneered non-fiction original productions out of Asia Pacific, where she executive produced several award-winning series for Animal Planet.
Discovery is scaling its content production across Asia-Pacific, fueled by growing consumer appetites and the launch of discovery+. Following previously announced multimillion-dollar deals in China and Korea, Studio Discovery Korea is in active production and development on a slate of Korean Originals for products and platforms across global markets. Discovery is also ramping up Originals in India for discovery+ and other portfolio brands.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020