NBC orders ‘Ties That Bind’ script from Keshet Studios and Universal Television
Written by Shaw, Ties That Bind is based on the Seven Studios-produced Australian miniseries Secret Bridesmaids’ Business, which itself is based on Elizabeth Coleman’s stage play inspired by her book of the same name that premiered on Seven Network. Keshet International distributes both the format and 6×60’ tape of Secret Bridesmaids’ Business, which stars Abbie Cornish (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri), Katie McGrath (Supergirl), Georgina Haig (Once Upon A Time) alongside Alexander England (Covenant).
Ties That Bind is described as an elevated soapy thriller in which three women make a promise to one another that leads them to embark on dangerous secrets that threaten to implode their lives. Facing dire consequences, they must rely on the power of their friendship to survive.
Peter Traugott, President of Keshet Studios, says, “With its well-crafted relationships and cliff-hanger plot, Seven Studios’ Secret Bridesmaids Business is compelling viewing. We are delighted to be developing this show for NBC alongside Universal Television.”
Shaw executive produces with Peter Traugott (Keshet Studios), Avi Nir (Keshet Media Group), Alon Shtruzman (Keshet International), alongside Seven Studios’ Julie McGauran, MaryAnne Carroll, and Amanda Crittenden. Universal Television is the studio.
Shaw served as Co-Executive Producer on NBC/Universal TV’s Bluff City Law, which aired for one season. Previously, she worked on the CW’s Jane the Virgin, starting as Co-Producer in Season 3, rising to Co-Executive Producer in the fifth and final season. She was most recently a Consulting Producer on the Netflix drama Spinning Out.
Shaw is also a fiction writer and author of the novel Love or Something Like It, published by Random House. She is repped by ICM Partners and The Cartel.
At present, Keshet Studios has over a dozen different projects at various stages of development or production with a variety of major broadcasters, cable platforms, and streamers, including US adaptations of the hit family drama The A Word, based on Keren Margalit’s Yellow Peppers, for NBC with Arika Mittman; David Applebaum’s La Brea for NBC, a high concept drama about a family torn apart when a massive sinkhole mysteriously opens in LA; Ronen Bergman’s Rise and Kill First with Yuval Adler for HBO; The Stuntwoman with Academy Award Winner Guy Nativ; and All the Rivers with Gal Gadot and Jaron Varsano.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021