YouTube says ‘Hello 2021’ with global New Year’s Eve celebration spanning across the Americas, the U.K., Korea, Japan, and India on 31 December
YouTube Originals will kick off the New Year with a monumental and uplifting worldwide party by chasing midnight around the globe with “Hello 2021,” a virtual New Year’s Eve event bringing together 2020’s most influential public figures, music artists, and YouTube creators. This five-part celebration premieres Thursday, December 31 in the Americas, United Kingdom, Korea, Japan, and India – only on YouTube.
“With the world ready to move past an extremely challenging year, YouTube will use its global reach to celebrate the hope and promise of 2021,” said Susanne Daniels, Global Head of Original Content for YouTube. “We look forward to closing the book on 2020 and throwing a worldwide celebration that our YouTube community can safely enjoy from home.”
Through inspiring speeches, live musical performances, DJ-hosted dance parties, and more, “Hello 2021” will keep viewers from across the globe energized throughout the countdown to midnight. YouTube will lead worldwide celebrations and provide viewers with localized and unique celebrations to ring in the new year from home:
“Hello 2021: Americas”- It’s a virtual New Year’s Eve bash across the Americas only YouTube can throw. Hosts Juanpa Zurita and Storm Reid welcome celebrity guests including Matthew McConaughey, Demi Lovato, RuPaul, Emma Chamberlain, and the D’Amelio Family; one-of-a-kind musical performances from Dua Lipa, J Balvin, YG, Karol G, and Kane Brown; YouTube stars Larray, Marques Brownlee, Dude Perfect, Brad Mondo, ZHC and the Dolan Twins; and more as the clock runs out on a year we’ll never forget, and we say “Hello 2021.” More names to be announced soon. The celebration premieres Thursday, 31 December 31 at 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT on the YouTube Originals channel.
“Hello 2021: UK” – At 10:30 p.m. GMT on 31 December on the YouTube Originals Channel, make sure and join the UK’s favorite YouTube creators, artists, and comedians for a party worth staying in for. The guest list includes Behzinga, Big Narstie, Katherine Ryan, Michael Coel, Kurupt FM, Yammy, WillNE, Holly H, Natasia Demetriou, and many more. The event will also feature the biggest tunes of 2020 performed live as musical guests Dua Lipa, Anne-Marie, MNEK w/ Joel Corry, and Aitch & AJ Tracey get the party started with some exclusive live performances.
“Hello 2021: Korea” – At 11:00 p.m. KST on 31 December on YouTube Korea Spotlight Channel, YouTube creators, and artists in South Korea will join their hosts Sechan Yang and Jesung Hwang in an intimate celebration to recognize and thank creators and artists who helped Korean audiences to stay happy and healthy during the unprecedented year. The lineup includes top and rising creators and artists, including GGILGGIL Market, Tester Hoon, Balming Tiger, and more.
● “Hello 2021: Japan” – At 11:45 p.m. JST on 31 December, tune into never-before-seen special edition quiz show from Japan to test your knowledge on 2020 YouTube trends and trivia, joining top creators Tokai On Air, Puritto Channel, Emirin, Paparapys, Skypeace, Vamyun, Dekakin, Hanaodengan, M.S.S Project, along with hosts Orutana Channel and Mochizuki Rie on YouTube Japan Spotlight Channel.
● “Hello 2021: India” – Starting at 11 p.m. IST on 3 December on YouTube India Spotlight Channel, “Hello 2021: India” will bring together the biggest and most buzzworthy music, comedy, and Bollywood talent as part of the 60-minute countdown to the New Year, including a performance from Dua Lipa. Some of India’s biggest names including Tiger Shroff, Badsh ah, Zakir Khan, Jonita Gandhi, Benny Dayal, Aastha Gill, and more will bring together a fun-filled New Year’s Eve party.
The worldwide party is being produced by global entertainment powerhouse, Fremantle, who will be using its local production teams to create these shows.
“Hello 2021” continues YouTube’s commitment to bringing exceptional entertainment, learning, and timely content to fans around the world including David Blaine Ascension, who redefined magic once again when the world needed an uplifting distraction; This Is Paris, a documentary exploring the untold true story that shaped the woman and iconic character she created; Defying Gravity: The Untold Story of Women’s Gymnastics, a documentary series that explores what it takes to be an Elite gymnast; Emmy-winning family series, CreateTogether#WithMe, hosted by JosephGordon-Levitt; plus a slate of new content through the #YouTubeBlack Voices Fund aimed to amplify Black voices amidst the ongoing racial justice movement – Bear Witness, Take Action 2 hosted by Common and Keke Palmer, Resist from Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors, and HBCU Homecoming 2020: Meet Me On The Yard hosted by 2 Chainz and La La Anthony with executive produced by Jesse Collins. In LATAM, Bravas, a dramatic series that follows a female music artist featuring some of the biggest names in Latin urban music, Mortal Glitch a comedy series about a non-playable video game character trying to become a hero. In the UK, Together We Rise, Stormzy, Aitch, and more weigh-in to discuss how GRM Daily went from nowhere to become one of the biggest influences in British Black music, while How To Be:Anne-Marie charts the star’s life.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 53 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020