Singaporean filmmakers launch brand-new short film grant to support emerging filmmakers through COVID-19 crisis
As part of Momo Film Co’s ongoing efforts to champion Southeast Asian short films, the company is launching the Momo Distribution Grant in partnership with C47 Investment, to support filmmakers with compelling stories to tell through the short film genre.
The Momo Distribution Grant aims to create a springboard for emerging filmmakers from Southeast Asia, and to meet the gap filmmakers often face in distributing their short films. The grant will support up to five short films each year with a cash amount of SGD800 each.
(L-R) Kris Ong and Tan Si En. Courtesy of Momo Film Co.[/caption]
“At Momo Film Co, we believe that independent cinema provides a valuable space for a diverse variety of narratives to be shared. In a year where the pandemic has altered our industry and lives drastically, it is our commitment to support emerging Southeast Asian filmmakers,” says Tan Si En and Kris Ong, founders of Momo Film Co.
COO of C47 Investment, Sangchul Lee adds: “C47 Investment believes in supporting Southeast Asian talents and is excited to collaborate with Momo Film Co in helping filmmakers share their work with the world through Momo Distribution Grant.”
Momo Film Co is a boutique film agency founded by two Singaporean female filmmakers, producer Tan Si En and director/writer Kris Ong. Since 2018, the two twenty-seven year-olds have been working with emerging filmmakers across the Southeast Asian region to develop and distribute short films and features.
Applications for the Momo Distribution Grant will start from 01 Jan till 28 Feb 2021. It is open to filmmakers of Southeast Asian nationality, for projects of all genres. Filmmakers should have made at least one short film that has screened at international festivals or programmes, but not made a feature-length film before. The grant is not applicable to full-time students.
For full grant details and to apply, visit https://www.momofilm.co/initiatives
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020