iQIYI International extends strategic partnership with Astro to add local content dimension
Innovative market-leading online entertainment service iQIYI International is extending its partnership with Malaysia’s leading media entertainment group, Astro Malaysia Holdings to offer more local content to its viewers. This local content partnership adds another dimension to the current strategic partnership between the two companies, by making available a curated collection of Astro’s biggest locally-produced hits on iQIYI International.
Dinesh Ratnam, iQIYI International Country Manager Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei said, “We aim to be the destination for users who are looking for good quality content, both local and from around the region. In that regard, we will continue to strive in offering more local content to our Malaysian users on top of the already strong collection of Korean and Chinese titles we possess. We started offering local content to our users in July, and the receptivity was overwhelming.”
iQIYI International’s partnership with Astro was forged in 2019 and has resulted in the only iQIYI linear TV channel in the region made exclusively available for Astro customers. The partnership is reflective of both company’s aspirations for a global exchange of content which has become more accessible in the wake of technological advances. iQIYI International and Astro have firmly held to the belief of providing users with high-quality entertainment through ground-breaking technological innovation and content creativity.
Along with a collection of top library hits, this strategic content partnership also will be making available a much-anticipated title, Biar Mereka Cemburu, on iQIYI’s streaming services. Featuring an all-star cast of Aiman Hakim Ridza, Nabilah Razali, and many more, it tells a will-they-won’t-they love story of city boy Eidil, who falls in love with food delivery rider and aspiring photographer, Nadia who does not reciprocate his love. The title was released on Dec 1, 2020, and each episode is made available on iQIYI just an hour after the show airs on Astro Ria.
This is a testament to the continued cooperation between the two parties and shared belief in providing quality entertainment services to users. The show will first air on Astro Ria at 10 pm and iQIYI users will be able to watch it just an hour later at 11 pm. The episodes are accessible for all to watch here https://bit.ly/WatchBiarMerekaCemburu or download iQIYI app via http://bit.ly/iQIYI.
“Astro has an amazing selection of local content and a good track record of producing great local hits that appeal to a wide range of viewers. To that end, we look forward to adding more high quality, premium content from Astro through the extension of our partnership. There is definitely more to come here,” added Dinesh.
“We’ve seen a surge in demand for content in our platform as people spend more time at home during the CMCO, we will continue to forge deeper and broader content partnerships to satisfy this demand from our viewers,” Dinesh concluded.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 56 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020