Fugitive to represent Bright Button and Pulse Films documentaries
Fugitive is delighted to announce that it has bolstered its catalogue with two of Channel 4’s most popular factual specials from 2020. The company has picked up the international rights for Bright Button Productions’ Prue Leith: Journey with My Daughter (1 x 60) and Pulse Film’s Hair Power: Me and My Afro (1 x 60).
Prue Leith: Journey with My Daughter is an intimate and revealing film that follows the Great British Bake-Off judge and her adopted daughter, Li-Da, to Cambodia to search for her biological family. For Prue, as she approaches 80, there may not be many more chances to make this journey. And for Li-Da this is her chance to help Prue understand why it’s so important to explore her heritage. What neither of them can predict is how they will react should they find what they are looking for.
Fugitive can confirm that it has secured an initial sale for Prue Leith: Journey with My Daughter, licensing the title to RTHK, the public service broadcaster in Hong Kong.
Hair Power: Me and My Afro is the critically acclaimed, taboo-busting documentary telling the story of how hair shapes Black experiences in modern Britain. Academic and writer Emma Dabiri leads the conversation, talking to men and women about their hair journeys, exploding stereotypes, exploring hair’s extraordinary history, and discussing how the way hair grows from our heads can shape the direction of our lives. Frank and intimate insights from a variety of people lay bare a multi-faceted and complex hair journey. From looking at the impact of afro-textured hair on popular culture and the history of hair to beauty routines that are a rite of passage and source of empowerment for many to feelings of otherness and rejection, the film cracks open a subject that too often has been off-limits.
Fugitive’s Merrily Ross says: “As we grow our catalogue of ready-made factual programming, we are keen to acquire distinctive content that will have an impact in the international marketplace. Both of these new titles cover important subjects: they were extremely well received and generated excellent ratings for Channel 4. We will now look to build on this domestic success as we share these moving and impactful stories from Pulse Films and Bright Button Productions with a wide range of broadcasters and platforms worldwide.”
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Winsing Animation brings new content to MIPTV 42 views | posted on April 9, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020