Disney+ to launch in Singapore on 23 February 2021
The Walt Disney Company has announced that the highly anticipated streaming service, Disney+, will launch in Singapore on 23 February 2021, offering viewers of all ages a new way to experience the unparalleled content from the company’s iconic brands including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, as well as Star; giving subscribers access to a wide range of content for families, older teens, and adults. Star, a familiar entertainment brand in Asia, will be part of the brand lineup on Disney+, featuring a wide array of general entertainment content including Deadpool and more. Singapore is the first market globally to launch Disney+ with all six content brands.
Disney+ offers an impressive selection of over 500 films and 15,000 episodes of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star all in one place. The streaming service will also be home to a growing selection of exclusive Disney+ Originals content and specials, including The Mandalorian, Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, Disney’s Lady and the Tramp, Disney and Pixar’s Forky Asks a Question, Hamilton, and more.
For a fee of S$11.98 a month or S$119.98 a year, Disney+ offers Singapore consumers of all ages a compelling entertainment offering and an amazing price-to-value proposition. Disney+ subscribers will be able to enjoy an unrivaled collection of content, ranging from the latest blockbuster releases to iconic library content including Marvel Studios’ – Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther; Disney’s live-action adaptations – The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast; Animation favourites – Disney’s Frozen 2 and Big Hero 6, Disney and Pixar’s The Incredibles 2 and Finding Dory, and The Simpsons franchise. Disney+ with Star also offers more entertainment for every mood, featuring general entertainment hits like How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, 9-1-1, and more.
“The Disney+ launch in Singapore will be the global day-and-date launch with general entertainment offering ‘Star’, which will be added alongside content from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, and National Geographic. With this launch, we take another momentous step in staying committed to our promise of delivering powerful stories with a heart to consumers. Streaming services have become an integral part of the daily lives of many consumers in Singapore, and we are dedicated to ensuring that Disney+ offers the best-in-class entertainment experience for all audiences,” said Amit Malhotra, Regional Lead, Emerging Markets; The Walt Disney Company APAC.
Endless entertainment for audiences of all ages in Singapore
From 23 February, subscribers in Singapore can enjoy:
- Blockbuster films from Marvel Studios including Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more
- All 12 Star Wars movies including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Access to iconic Disney movie classics, including Original Animations and Live-Action Remakes like Mulan, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, as well as Frozen 2 and more
- Heartwarming and powerful storytelling from Pixar Animation Studios, featuring films like Soul, Onward, Toy Story 4, The Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, and more
- Educational content from National Geographic including Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, The Right Stuff, and The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- A specially curated Star content selection including hits from iconic movie franchises like Deadpool, How I Met Your Mother, Helstrom, Family Guy, 9-1-1, and more
- Other international movies from the X-Men franchise and all five films from the “Home Alone” franchise, and well-loved series like The Simpsons
- Disney+ Originals and exclusives like WandaVision, The Mandalorian, The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, Forky Asks a Question, Lady and the Tramp, Secret Society of Second-Born Royals, Hamilton and The Right Stuff
Best-in-class experience, available broadly
Disney+ offers subscribers high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, unlimited downloads of content on up to 10 devices, personalized recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different user profiles per account, including the ability for parents to set Kids Profiles that create an easy-to-navigate, child-friendly interface to access age-appropriate content. Subscribers can additionally watch any title on Disney+ with family and friends virtually through the GroupWatch feature.
Subscribers will be able to stream Disney+ on a wide selection of mobile and connected TV devices at launch, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.
For a fee of S$11.98 a month or S$119.98 a year, consumers can subscribe to the service directly from the Disney+ website or the Disney+ app on Android and iOS devices. Register on DisneyPlus.com today to receive updates.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 54 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020