A+E Networks International inks several deals with top global media companies cementing status as a leading distributor of TV movies
A+E Networks® International announced several more deals with top global media companies that underpin the company’s reputation as the leading distributor of TV movies in the world, and highlight the strength of its growing international co-production unit. This highlights the strength of their MIPCOM efforts, paving the way for additional sales, it was announced today by Steve MacDonald, President, Global Content Sales; and International, A+E Networks.
“During a time when so many broadcasters and streamers are in need of ratings proven content to fill gaps in their schedules, we’re thrilled that our new and returning clients have turned to A+E Networks for our world-class movies, our co-productions, and our other premium IP,” said MacDonald. “We are well poised and couldn’t be prouder of our exceptional new catalog which has over 850 hours of fresh premium content. I am even prouder of the response and demand our premium content has received and continues to receive from our partners.”
The newly-announced deals below follow on the heels of the Foxtel Australia launch of LMN® – Lifetime Movie Network, a new high-definition channel available 24 hours a day, as well as the launch of the first Lifetime®-branded AVOD channel in New Zealand with TVNZ. Kicking off in August with 40 movie titles, TVNZ will add four new titles each month from Lifetime’s library during the first year of the agreement.
In addition, media players from a range of territories across the globe including NENT Group, United Media, JOYN (SevenOne Entertainment Group), Megavision, Univision, and UCV Media+ have recently acquired movies from A+E’s diverse, extensive TV movie library, while its scripted co-productions Miss Scarlet and the Duke and Hernán were sold across Nordic regions and Central Eastern Europe.
On the TV Movie front, with a decades-long legacy of best-in-class storytelling, powerful women on both sides of the camera including A-list Hollywood stars, and diverse character-driven stories that universally resonate, A+E Networks boasts an unparalleled movie library that serves a passionate and loyal global audience. The company entered October’s MIPCOM with 50 brand new movie titles spanning multiple genres included in its 500-film collection, out of a remarkable 14,000 fresh new hours total.
The announced deals will introduce these fresh new titles and many others to viewers across the globe. NENT Group will air several Lifetime holiday movies across its pan-Nordic territories; Belgrade-based United Media acquired a package of movies for their channels in the Balkans; while Joyn, SevenOne Entertainment Group’s and Discovery’s joint streaming platform, will introduce Flowers in the Attic featuring Ellen Burstyn and Heather Graham, and Finding Mrs. Claus with Mira Sorvino, to viewers in German-speaking Europe. In Latin America, Megavision, Univision, and UCV Media+ collectively licensed over 70 movies total, making Lifetime and A+E Networks one of the strongest TV movie players in the entire LATAM region.
While A+E expands on its legacy of success with TV movies, it is also building a strong international co-production business. NRK Norway picked up Miss Scarlet and the Duke, already a ratings success in Australia and the UK, as well as Hernán, A+E Networks’ epic first Spanish-language title. Greece ERT picked up Miss Scarlet and the Duke in a deal that also included Project Blue Book, a History domestic scripted series, while Serbia United Media took Project Blue Book and Hernán.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020