Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature
Quintus Studios has acquired a raft of factual acquisitions for its on-demand channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature, which features content from some of the world’s leading distributors and producers, reaching millions of documentary enthusiasts every month.
Securing a deal with ZDF Enterprises, Quintus Studios has acquired the rights to Megastructures – The World’s Most Extreme Railway (1 x 50’), a story of the battle to build a railway across one of the most extreme environments on Earth produced by The Gamma Project in association with ZDF Enterprises for National Geographic Channels, Terra X Pioneers – The Battle for Steel Supremacy (1 x 50’) produced by Story House Productions and Just Animals – Just Big Cats (1 x 50’) which steps into the domains of the world’s largest felines to discover more about these magnificent carnivores and their fascinating lives produced by WildBear Entertainment.
Collaborating with Red Arrow Studios International, Quintus Studios has acquired Mystery Places (20 x 52’), an unforgettable and fascinating series which takes a tour of the planet’s most hidden, secret, and spectacular mysterious places produced by 7Stories Productions for Kabel Eins Doku (Germany) and Aftermath: Population Zero a two-hour special which examines the impact of human beings on this planet by proposing what the Earth might be like without people, produced by Cream Productions Inc. for National Geographic US, History Television Canada, and ProSieben.
From Amsterdam based distribution outfit Off The Fence there is Nature’s Greatest Moments (108 x 5’) an African wildlife shorts series which brings a snapshot of animal antics, produced by Talking Pictures, Aquavision, Off the Fence, BR, WDR, NHNZ, and Marco Polo Films; Lions & Giants (1 x 60’) produced by Talking Pictures and Off The Fence, Megastructures: Super Pipeline and Future Train a two one-hour science documentary series putting ingenuity and engineering to the ultimate test produced by Parallax Film Productions, Surviving Disaster (1 x 60’) produced by Santa Fe Productions and Sinking of an Aircraft Carrier (1 x 60’) featuring a demolition team’s mission to sink the USS Oriskany, a 900-foot long aircraft carrier to create the largest artificial reef in the world produced by Parallax Film Productions.
Commenting on the acquisitions Gerrit Kemming, Managing Director at Quintus Studios said, “The team’s hard work over the past 24 months has really paid off. The development of our digital channel operations has been tremendous and the deals with such important and renowned players show that Free Documentary has become a serious partner in the market of factual content. We look forward to continuing this successful journey with the help of these great documentaries”.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020